Friday, April 20, 2007

Once Again, You'll Have to Fill in the Blanks

Apparently Mike has run away and reports at school are that he has returned to our town. We haven’t seen him yet. I’m sure he realizes that we’ll turn him in if he shows up here, which means if he shows up here, it will be in the middle of the night and probably with intent to steal.

I’m not going to go into detail about how the whole situation makes me feel because Mike has been online lately and if he is reading the blog, I would rather not have him find out how I feel by reading it here, so you’ll have to fill the blanks.

I’m not even sure how much I want to blog with that in mind about anything going on here.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

In a way, Hopefully he is reading your blog and reading about how much you gave of yourself for him. It is up to him to change and get the help that he needs so that he can be successful in this world. You have not given up on him. He has given up on himself. God hasnt even given up on him. He is responsible for his actions not you. I will be praying for all of you

Sheri said...

But that is the sad thing, Jennifer, he hasn't given up on himself. He probably doesn't operate on that level. He has no concept of what he is chosing or not chosing. He has brain damage. We cannot put the same labels on his behavior and choices as we do other children. I think it is unfair to make that connection.

That being said, I don't disagree with anything you have done Claudia. You have been exemplary parents are have struggled through a great time of adversity giving him all the options you could.

I'll keep praying.