Friday, April 27, 2007

Slumps and the Land of Abnormal

Sometimes I get into a slump. I don't have motivation. This entire week I've been working steadily, but don't seem to be making a great deal of progress. I am annoyed by my work instead of motivated by it and I have to force myself to do it.

It also is apparent in my lackluster blogging, which I'm sure has been annoying to you.

The strange thing is, things are going well at my jobs. I'm matching a lot of kids with families, recruiting new families and training them, and there is a lot of energy in what I'm doing. Maybe it has something to do with my seasonal rhythm or something.

I was reminded last night when the Kari's had us and her parents over for supper of something that happened a week or so ago that I had neglected to blog.

Dominyk was it one of his highly emotional, highly frustrated states and he stood outside the closed window and yelled through it to us and some unsuspecting house guests, "Sadie is riding my F****** bike."

Proving to me, once and for all that we have entered a new stage of abnormal, Pastor Bart simply replied, "Your bike can DO THAT?"

2 comments:

debbie said...

i can so picture that scenario in my house!!! We just moved and my daughter was playing tag with the new little boy next door. she started to get fustrated and I heard that word fly, the little boy kind of looked at me, as if, did she really say that? I calmly stood up and said, it is time to go in the house now. Wonder how long I can create the art of distraction!!!!!!

Becky said...

I've offered my stepson the thesaurus on numerous occasions - trying to appeal to his need to be the smartest person in the room at all times.