Tuesday, April 03, 2007

If I Only Had a Taperecorder

Oh wait... I guess I could have hooked up my IMicrophone...

Listening toa 25 minute rant because one of the kids had a plan unapproved by me that he wanted to do before he competed his chores and other responsibilities.

He is so funny when he gets like this . . . he just doesn't make any sense. He talks in circles . . . first he's doing everything but the dishes, then he's only doing the dishes, then he's doing the clothes, but only the clothes and then, you guessed it, he'll do everything but the clothes.

This is his way of melting down. Endless circular arguments that lead nowhere. Fortunately for him, I have gotten to the point where I can multitask and do these arguments almost in my sleep because they are so routine.

I have had lots of people tell me they don't want children with low intelligence and I wonder why. The smarter kids are the ones that take all the emotional energy and zap you -- because they require higher intelligence to outsmart them.

No comments: