Saturday, April 07, 2007

Holiday Hell

I won't detail it all, but the holiday stress has begun. I was surprised that it stayed at bay as long as it did. I should blame it on Kari who asked me at 3:55 this afternoon if the kids were all wacked out because of Easter. I said they hadn’t been, and then the games began.

Dominyk had a “I want Ben to come over” meltdown. It lasted a very long time until I finally got his mind off of it by singing the entire "Veggie Tales" Cheeseburger song complete with an accent just like Mr. Lund's.

Jimmy and Tony have had a huge fistfight. Salinda asked to have friends here and I agreed against my better judgment as there is always stress. Bart has tomorrow to worry about. Rand has worked a LOT this week (GO RAND) but he’s tired and irritable and when he is his behavior is sort of toddleresque.

Jimmy had a complete defiant spurt today that lasted a very long time and exhausted me.

We’ve opted not to eat a special Easter Brunch tomorrow as it will cost over $18.00 each and, according to the new definition of children, we don’t have any. So we’re having Easter Dinner at a Sports Bar. I think Jesus will understand us not wanting to pay $18.00 a piece for our kids to complain. We are really spoiled and Bart always makes the best holiday meals -- but Mike’s unsupportive family is giving that all up to spend the day on the road to eat out with him.

Do I sound resentful and bitter? I’m really not. Just tired and frustrated that our Holiday Mess had to begin when everyone was doing so well.

No comments: