Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Willing Things to Happen and Other Stuff

Do you think we have the power to will things to happen?

Jimmy has to do an hour of chores every time he gets into trouble enough at school so that I get a phone call or email. We've found that this works well because it is over quicker than grounding and he's a great cleaner, so I get some things done that need to be done. The last three times I that I have thought to myself, "Wow, this really need to be cleaned. Maybe Jimmy will get in trouble at school today" I have gotten an email from the school within the hour. Today things were really dirty and I got two. Makes me chuckle. Won't make him chuckle.

I got a long apology letter from the "I don't trust you" teenager, which was nice. Maybe we're making some progress. Thanks to those who responded. I think the most significant piece of this is for me to remind her that her not trusting me is hurting her a lot more than it is hurting me.

I'm still working on the same work project. I'm very mad at me for getting so far behind.

No comments: