Sunday, April 08, 2007

He is Risen Indeed!

In five minutes I will begin the task of getting everyone ready for church. The youngest is 10 days away from 11, so you'd think it would be easier every year. It probably will be.

We made it throught the evening. Our tradition is that on Easter all the Fletcher boys wear ties, so I helped Bart out by doing the ironing. Everyone had a tough time settling down and now we have to be at church at 7 a.m. But I'm hoping to take lots of deep breathes and remain as calm as possible this morning.

I love Easter. What a powerful, powerful thing -- that we serve a Savior who is alive again. From the movie last night, John Newton, the author of Amazing Grace, who was a slave ship owner, talked about how he was haunted by the souls of 20,000 slaves who had died on his ships. At 82 he said:

My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things, that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour.
.

I am praying that I will remember the point of Easter today and not get caught up in all the demonstration of their issues that my children will undoubtedly display.

No comments: