Thursday, April 26, 2007

We Are Not Normal

I noticed it a lot last night.

We just really aren't normal people. Last night there was the next to last practice for the musical the kids are doing at church. I watched a group of first through 3rd graders stand still and rehearse for 75 minutes. Dominyk couldn't make it through 5 minutes without having to come running to me to explain that he "couldn't take it any more."

Then this morning, at the doctor's office. Tony and Dominyk were just horrible. Dominyk was making consistent obnoxious noises and he couldn't stop, and Tony could not handle the fact that he was making them. They interrupted nearly ever sentence I spoke. Luckily it was one of the doctor's tasks for the morning to recommend PCA services. it was obvious the boys needed them.

The funny thing is, our "normal" really isn't that irritating to me, until I see normal and have something to compare it to!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just out of curiousity what is the criteria for getting a PCA? I am beginning to wonder if I need this myself.

Claudia said...

It's a Minnesota program and I"m not sure if other states have it.

We start by calling the public health nurse for an assessment...