Sunday, April 29, 2007

Never Been Prouder


I don't think I've ever been more proud of my little kids (the four youngest) than I was this morning. They did their spring musical, "Donkey Tales" at church today and did awesome! I was amazed.

I don't think people realize just how much effort it takes some of my kids to be "normal." Dominyk hasn't been able to make it through an entire practice once this year (he usually comes running to wear I'm there to supervise him yelling "I can't take it any more!!!)" But this morning, in spite of exhaustion from yet another med change and strep throat, pulled himself together and made it through both performances.

I'm working on video to post here sometime today, but I wanted to declare my pride and love for them. What requires a little additional effort on a "normal kids" part, is like climbing Mt. Everest for mine. Battling mental illness, second language issues, medication problems, and multiple diagnosis, for 2 hours this morning they managed to look and act just like everyone else.

Something that nobody else probably even knew was such a feat brought tears to their mother's eyes.

No comments: