Monday, April 16, 2007

Ready for Another Coaster Ride

Before bed last night, I went another round with Salinda, making the peace to a certain extent and getting things to a place where I could stop thinking about that issue for a while. She seems to go around the teen attachment cycle often these days.

I woke up to find the words “Claudia is a whore” written on the chalkboard in the little boys room. I would be more bothered by it if it weren’t so hilarious. I am more annoyed by the use of my first name than the whore part, although, “mom is a whore” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it. But a whore is definitely not something that describes me, in any way shape or form. If I were one, we’d be one broke family.

So, I’m ready for another ride today. Woke up feeling pretty good. The declaration of my whoredom threw me off but for a minute, but now Dominyk is obsessing about how he is not going to shower and he is NOT, and he means NOT, going to school today.

He’s supposed to be ready in 12 minutes. Heavy sigh.

3 comments:

Mammy said...

My heart is with you....even while I am giggling....WITH you...lol!!! It reminds me of the time I found a note that said "Becky is a bit**" written by my oldest stepdaughter, who had previously always called me Mom or Mommy. I might have been more amused if she had called me a whore, certainly WE would be starving to death if THAT was my career choice! tee hee...

debbie said...

Claudia, bless your heart for having to find that.

Anonymous said...

LOL...hang in there Claudia. My teens keep going around saying "HO" I hate that word. Yesterday I bought a "HOE" for the garden and taught them how to use it ! Now when I catch them using the word they HOE the garden. The kids are still cracking up about it.