Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Heavy Sigh

Well, we got the call we were hoping we wouldn't get. Mike has managed to get himself kicked out of the halway house. They have nowhere to put him. He is spending the night in a homeless shelter, but we don't know where. They have one option, but it is a long shot. He wants foster care, but he doesn't understand that he isn't going to be able to go into foster care because he is 18. His Probation Officer doesn't know what to do, but she doesn't want him returning to Mankato.

You can imagine all the thoughts that are running through our minds tonight. They aren't pleasant ones. They are very troubling. Knowing the story you could all probably write my blog post.

4 comments:

debbie said...

Claudia, that is so scary. The reality of how fast their lives can bottom out is frightening. Thinking of you all today.

Yondalla said...

I've had kids be homeless and not rescue them. I still can't think about it without having stomach cramps, although I still think it was the right thing to do.

I know how difficult it is.

Mike Benson said...

This is terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Jennifer said...

You are all in my prayers today