Sunday, April 29, 2007

You Know You're An Adoptive Parent When...



the facts surrounding adoption invade your psychy and infest your dreams.

Last night, I was in a different world -- a fantasy world. I had been given the responsibility of caring for Snow White and her dwarfs, but there weren't 7, there were 30. The fantasy world was a fairly cruel one, and Snow wanted me to bring her back with me and care for her in my own world.

I agreed to her plan but the dwarfs were devastated. "Who will take care of us? Can't we please come too?"

Their little sad faces, their pleading eyes, got to me. And in my dream I thought, "I know I can care for this many. Cindy does it. But there's no way they're coming with a subsidy."

2 comments:

Kari said...

I wonder if we could get Grumpy diagnosed with a mood disorder so that at least he might be able to qualify for subsidy?

You crack me up! ~Kari

Claudia said...

or Sleepy with a sleep disorder?