Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm Losing My Mind

We had a change in routine as some of Bart's family is here visiting. Thus, the kids are out of wack and some of them are being just awful... and the kids know that we're not going to be too harsh while there's company, so they are taking it as far as they can go. My very own viper girl has been subtly horrible ... an undercurrent of disrespect, nastiness, and sucking others in to her bad mood that came because I said no. Today she will apologize and I always wonder to what extent I should consequence moodiness.

I have a fairly stressful day ahead. Until the venom is finished being spewed out, it will not be a pleasant day. We also have lunch out, which is always annoying to Bart because the kids act out and it is hard for him to bear. And then I have the Daughter's Tea at church. We're hoping that Kari and her family can come over for a while.

So today was not the day that I needed to be a dork.

My routine in the morning is to grab my keys, cell phone, and any cash or credit cards that I have on my dresser and put them in my tennis shoes. Then I head downstairs to shower there, open the office, unlock the desk drawer where the medications are, bring them upstairs and wake up Dominyk for his very necessary meds.

This morning, since it is Sunday, I'm not wearing my tennis shoes, so I thought I was doing everything I needed to do, minus the tennis shoes.

I got down to the bathroom and was emptying my bladder and thought, "Oh no, my keys." Not wanting Bart to leave me locked out of everything, I went upstairs to look for them. Spent five minutes having a serious, yet somewhat quiet meltdown, I looked everywhere for them. I even got Bart's keys and took them downstairs to open the office to see if I might have possibly left the desk drawer open. No luck.

I finally gave up and decided to shower and when I got there, low and behold, they were on the sink in the bathroom, obviously where I had put them. I forgot that I had remembered them and that, because there were no shoes to put them in, I had set them on the sink instead.

Like i needed to add more stress to my day.

No comments: