Monday, March 06, 2006

And if things weren't stressful enough...


We had our conversation about the house with me running between the ER waiting room and the ER bed where Bart was gasping in pain with Kidney Stones.

Here’s what happened. We were in the restaurant trying to discuss with Bart’s supervisor the whole housing thing, and Bart has to leave the table. This is so unusual for him -- he never is even willing to go the doctor. And this was a very important meeting. But he could not sit there. I knew it was bad. The guy we were meeting with got up to go find him (I thought he was in the bathroom) and then came back and said “We’re going to the ER.” We got our food to go and took off.

So, we finished our meeting in the lobby of the ER with me going back and forth doing negotiations. I felt like the agent for a top athlete -- I felt like Cuba Gooding Jr.’s Tom Cruise. At one point I jokingly said, “Bart says 5 Million and not a penny less, and he’ll play basketball for you.”

Anyway, it was quite a deal. And then I had to go to court...but that’s another blog post.

No comments: