Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ever paid $4.99 to be furious?

Tonight I decided it was worth the $4.99 to be able to be online before going to bed early. I haven't been able to use my computer since Monday and was hoping to get some work done, as I feel guilty for neglecting it.

However, I signed on to see a message that Mike is going into a foster home. This is after his therapist stated he was a danger to self and others and when he proved that he couldn't make it our home. The letter the therapist wrote said he should not be in foster care. He has stolen from us and been gone all night several times. Foster care is just giving him exactly what he wants -- another family to lie to, steal from, and manipulate.

In addition he is demanding two pairs of shoes: one of which John is wearing because Mike stole and lost his IPod and the other we have no idea where Mike got them. Mike is also asking for the opportunity to come to our house to pack his own belongings. Right. After he has stolen so much from us in the past few weeks, I don't think so.

This combined with the fact that for the first time I actually corrected John this week. He's been pretty good, but I've tried to let a few things go. But when I told him he and Rand could go to the vending machine and buy themselves each a pop and since there wasn't enough for 2 pops John decided to buy himself a pack of pop tarts and get nothing for Rand, I decided to correct that. This resulted in John going OFF about how he never does the right thing and how he I NEVER appreciate him and how he should never have come on the trip and how I should have left him home.

I know that all sounds stupid and it's hard to understand why John could frustrate me with something so simple, but I kept trying to drop it and meanwhile all his yelling is hapening while I'm trying Instant Message Bart about how to respond to the social worker about Mike's requests. On top of that I'm exhausted after driving almost 5 hours and I have to look forward to getting up at 4 a.m. to fly and then drive several hours to take the boys to UMYs. Then finally, worn and spent, I'll be able to spend the first night I've had alone with my husband since August.

A very nice entrance back into my world. And just think, had I skipped paying the $4.99 I might have been able to go until tomorrow afternoon without having to know that the county was going to head down a road completely different than what we thought would/should happen. The difference is, this time we're not going to fight them. We are pretty sure we know what will happen, but I'm sure they are following their "least restrictive environment" policy and that sooner or later he'll end up where he should be. John did, but it took 11 months and we tried the whole way through, to no avail, to convince them. If it takes 11 months for Mike, he'll be almost 18.

Bottom line? I'm more sad than furious. We gave all we had for 8 years and it doesn't appear to have made one bit of difference.

No comments: