Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Death and Perspective

Since Saturday, I have heard of 7 deaths, 2 of which are famous people, the other 5 aren’t. They are people associated with blogs I read or related to people I go to church with. It just seems odd that so many people have died in such a short period of time.

During the few hours yesterday when we didn’t know what was wrong with Bart, things got put into perspective a little bit. The deaths I’ve heard about make life seem less problematic than I’ve been whining that it is.

Sure, I’ve got some stress, but nobody is dying or dead in my immediate circle. I have stress, I’m exhausted, my children are disappointing me and making me nuts, but we are healthy and whole.

Prayers to God and thoughts to those of you who have lost someone this week. I’m sorry if my whining has annoyed you. I realize that I have things pretty good compared to many.

No comments: