Monday, March 20, 2006

Long Day

Home again and it’s 6:47. Just walked in the door a few minutes ago. The meeting was not as difficult as expected, but we are in a difficult situation and it may not get better. However, I went in with the desire to keep the focus on the best interest of the children and it seemed to work well.

I then had a post placement visit and on the way home spent a long while listening to a seven year old tell me that her adoptive family only brought her home to “torture her.” She’s quite the drama queen, and one of the loudest children I have ever had the “privilege” of meeting, but I had to laugh out loud with the line of her being tortured. I wanted to say, “No, my dear. They didn’t bring you home to torture you, but because they themselves wanted to be tortured” but I didn’t.

Because none of us want to be tortured, but sometimes it sure feels that way.

Join me today in praying that adoptive parents everywhere will have the strength to deal with their children every day, remain committed to them, and be able to receive the services they need.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I had to laugh because that was the line our son gave me tonight when he was mid-meltdown. I said "Shhh... no one is supposed to know about the chains, whips, and stretching machines." He almost laughed in the middle of his rant.