Saturday, March 04, 2006

An Essay

On Wednesday night Salinda lost MSN, which she didn’t realize she had lost until Thursday. That night, after I explained that the way to get it back was significant attitude change, she was the perfect child. Spent lots of time with me being her charming and wonderful self. Last night she left right after school to spend the night at a friends.

So, the bottom line is that for 5 hours she was very nice to me. Today when I got back, she had me print this essay for her about school. I teased her when I saw the topic and said, “You must really want MSN back.”

We all have heroes in our lives. Some heroes small, smart, fun, humorous, great, outstanding, and some just plain boring. Some heroes are parents, some are grandparents, many are celebrities, and some are friends. My hero would have to be my mom for a number of reasons. My mom has a spectacular personality, is very smart, and is very outstanding.
        My mom has a spectacular personality. She is great with the computer. She can do anything from typing a paper to making slide shows. I can say that my mom is very humorous in a smart way. She is fun to talk to and loves doing her job. My mom’s job helps many children find families, which my mom is doing a super job at.
        My mother is very smart. I enjoy it when she helps me with my homework. (But I don’t enjoy it when I know I’m right and she’s wrong but then she thinks she right). My mom is great at parenting six teens and four children. When she gets in a situation with her job her smartness comes in a helps her make the right decision.
        My mom is very outstanding. I don’t know many moms who can ruin a computer like a genius and can parent ten children. My mother can cook a mean Mexican pizza. Even though my mom dislikes cooking she is a great cook. My mother enjoys having fun on top of it all.
        My hero can do just about anything. From sewing to working the computer, super mom is there. Overall my hero is smart, talented, fun, humorous, outstanding, etc. You can say my mom loves being a parent while doing her job.

When I finished reading it, I said, that’s really nice. And she said, “What did you say about MSN? I said, ” I was just teasing you saying you must really want it back to write this essay about me. Eventually she asked when she was going to get it back. I said, “When I can see that there is significant attitude change and that you aren’t just faking it. It needs to be an inner shift in attitude, not just an outward one. It isn’t going to be long if you keep up doing what you’ve been doing, but it isn’t going to be tonight.”

To which she turned her back on me, stomped out of the room, and is now refusing to speak to me.

I guess I have my answer in regards to the “faking it or an internal attitude adjustment, huh?”

No comments: