Friday, March 17, 2006

Safe in Minneapolis

By the time I had dropped off Rand and John at UMYs in St. Cloud at 2 this afternoon, I was ready to do a major happy dance that I was done with my part of the trip with them. I was as patient as I could be, but some of their behaviors, their low IQs and their immaturity were really getting to me. Overall, though, did their very best to be good and were very kind to my parents, so I shouldn't be complaining.

As anticipated, Bart and I are having our one night alone together and I'm so tired I can hardly see straight. It isn't just the fact that I had to get up at 3:45 a.m. -- it's the fact that John had a little one of his weird fits last night at bedtime and by the time it was over I was so riled up (without showing it outwardly) that I never did really sleep at all. I slept in 15-20 minute spurts from 11 until 3:30.

But for now, I'm going to do my best to enjoy time with my husband and forget about everything else that is troubling me...

No comments: