Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Injured Deformity


It’s too hard to explain this so I took a picture with my cell phone ... sorry the quality isn't great.

I have a crooked little toe on my left foot. It is my only birth defect. It looks weird and it can’t be put in another position, and when i make a footprint it makes it look like I only have 4 toes. But otherwise it hasn't affected me much. They offered to surgically correct it the summer before 7th grade, but my parents believed it would be better to just leave it as wasn’t going to affect my life and they figured that being on crutches my first 6 weeks of 7th grade in a new school would have been more traumatic.

I blame the deformity on why I’m not an Olympian gynast... I mean really, wouldn’t I have better balance. I’m sure it’s the only thing holding me back.

Anyway, last night my husband had to bring his laptop and briefcase to our room so we could guard it while we slept as Mike and JOhn are in “thief mode.” During the night I stubbed my toe on it, and it hurts a LOT.

Aren’t you glad I shared this?

No comments: