Monday, March 13, 2006

Travelling with Boys in Men's Bodies

Well, our trip was long, starting with our first 2 hours taking three driving through the beginnings of a blizzard, but I didn't get lost and our luggage arrived at the same place we did and we didn't miss any flights.

However, travelling with these guys now is different than it was a few years ago. The three of us (with John in a 210 pound short body, broad shoulders, not thin and Rand at 320+ and 6'6" and I really filled up a row on that plane. We could hardly move.

But even though their bodies are huge, their common sense is so lacking. I was tired and lazy so I let them order their own food. I asked them to get me some water and to order their suppers. They have been listening to us for weeks talk about how we're going to be short on money, and they know that I can only have a few sips of water because of my surgery, but putting two and two together isn't their strong suit. They came back from Burger King with King Size meals (which we NEVER order -- always mediums) and a $4.00 bottle of water -- the biggest one there. heavy sigh. My fault for being too lazy to go and order. I had the other half of my Arby's wrap that I had ordered for lunch.

Then on the plane I didn't ask for an extension, which I almost always do. I figured I couldn't move, so why did I need a seatbelt. But the stewardess caught me half way through the flight and gave me a little "talking to." When we were leaving the plane I purposefully looked the other direction which provoked her into saying loudly, "Did you leave your EXTENSION in the seat?" AAAH!

We ended up arriving in Phoenix late and didn't get to the hotel until 1:30 a.m. Wouldn't you know it? Very nice Radisson that priceline gave Bart for $20 cheaper than the Extended Stay America one we're staying at on Thursday where we'll get in earlier. Oh well.

I ended up letting John sleep with me because it was a King size bed and I felt too selfish. However, he took up at least 4/5 of the bed and didn't like to stay on his side. However, snoring was minimal so I slept OK. Woke up at 8:30 thought, and couldn't go back to sleep.

Today we drive to Sun Valley to see my folks -- will take about 4 hours. Not sure how much I'll be able to get online while I'm there -- it defines "the Boonies."

Glad I'm here though with Phoenix weather. I hear the blizzard we left was quite a doozie.

No comments: