Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Hodge Podge of Thoughts

For some reason, the absolute insanity of some of my children has caused me to chuckle as opposed to get stressed out lately. I’m still laughing about John’s indignation that his UA was NOT clean. I laugh every time I think about it.

John loves to stir up trouble, and last night Bart and I sat in our bedroom upstairs and listened to John yell out into the night air, “MIke, come over to the other side of the house.” We had not gotten around to telling the kids where Mike was, so Bart and I knew he was safe at Kid’s Peace 30 miles away. Bart didn’t find this all that humorous, but I thought it was hilarious that John was out there “talking” to Mike who couldn’t possibly have been there. See, I am warped.

This morning I heard Dominyk chanting to himself in the bathroom, “Waste not, want not” which is the absolute antithesis of his philosophy of life. Again, I’m laughing.

On to more serious stuff: My friend Kari is an incredible writer and her blog entry today is a perfect example. The last paragraph is an incredible statement of our faith. In that entry she gives this quote One mental health professional on the diagnostic team said this about the behaviors of a patient with FAS that they were in the process of evaluating, "full throttle acceleration with no steering and no brakes.”

That completely and totally describes Mike’s behavior the last 3 weeks. Stopping him is impossible when he won’t listen to anyone. It’s mind boggling.

I slept last night and the haze is slowly lifting from my life. We have a tough meeting for John at school today, and hopefully after that his behaviors will settle down. I think if we can go to Mankato tomorrow and show the kids the house, their behaviors will settle even further.

I have about 4 hours “free” today that I am hoping to use to complete our taxes and Kyle’s financial aid. I think the only way I will get it done is if I turn off MSN and my email program... and probably Safari too so I don’t get distracted by my RSS feed telling me my friends blogs are updated.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress because i KNOW you are so interested. ;-)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Keep that (warped) sense of humor. It's part of what helps us all survive. There always has to be an upswing on the pendulum of life; I'm hoping that's starting now. Knowing Mike is safe and the others will begin to respond more positively may help.