Wednesday, March 29, 2006

HOMEOWNERS

Yes, we closed on the house and now we own a home. it was a pretty good day, in most regards, with Bart feeling good and the weather sunny and warm. We were able to accomplish everything we set out to do in the 12 1/2 hours we were gone. Came home and Salinda finally apologized -- she is deciding her own consequences for the way she handled the situation.

The only bad point in the day yesterday was a phone call that was a kick in the gut emotionally and personally though it was a professional situation. I don’t know how much I could/should blog, but it certainly made me realize why most social workers stay distant and as professional as possible. I used to think that the fact that I truly cared and gave my job my all was a positive, but I’m starting to wonder now.

I purposefully did not check my email last night because I wanted to go to bed feeling good and it’s a good thing -- I had a couple of troubling emails in my in box.

Trying to take just one day at a time because when I think of all the stressors in my life at once I can hardly move...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations! One major stressor out of the way has got to feel good. Enjoy your new home.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made the classic case worker mistake: getting personally involved and failing to set appropriate boundaries. Most workers can tell a story about doing that when they were inexperienced and just starting out. It takes some of us awhile to learn that setting good boundaries IS showing you care!