Sunday, April 02, 2006

Couldn't have been more wrong

So, first service goes pretty well this morning until Sadie decides to giggle in the communion line. So I turn around, grab her by the shoulders and put her in front of me. A parishioner, unaware of the weekend I’ve had with her and how much she has been testing me, comments loud enough for Salinda to hear, “Why can’t she deal with that stuff at home instead of in church.”

I didn’t hear this, but after church Salinda is livid telling Bart that if I ever act like that in church again she isn’t going to come. So before first service Bart tells me this and I confront Salinda. I then go to Sadie to tell her that we need to talk. I try to be discreet and take Sadie into the foyer behind closed doors, at which point Salinda decides on her own that she needs to join us and spew her opinions on how I need to get Dominyk in line before I start worrying about her and Sadie (Dominyk with ODD, OCD, ADHD (severe) and SID who I can barely keep still).

Salinda says she is skipping church. After church she wants a ride. I tell her maybe her Dad will give her one, but she isn’t riding with me if she skips a church service. So, Sadie hops out of the van and follows Salinda. I tell Sadie I am her only ride. I go find her and have to practically drag her to the van. She comes into my office to report to me that I’m not the boss of her, I can’t tell her what to do and that she has a LOT of people on her side.

Now, because Salinda hasn’t returned home, John is on the edge. Wanting to argue at this moment about Driver’s Ed and why he can’t take it yet. While he has a big fit because i won’t give him a ride to eat out because he doesn’t like what we’re having for lunch.

So so much for church being the calming soothing hour of my week.

No comments: