Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cell Phone Addiction

I didn't enjoy my afternoon much. Why? Because I forgot to bring my cell phone. And I worried the whole time that someone might be trying to call, that their might be an emergency.

And then I reminded myself that 9 years ago when Kyle was 12, we would leave him home alone and nobody had a cell phone and we're all still alive.

Turns out, nobody called. Not even MIke who can only call once a week. He didn't call. I'm wondering what that means, but sort of relieved that we didn't have to listen to whatever he wanted to yell at us about.

We got a bunch of posters put up. I hope lots of people will see them and be spurred on to adopt.

We're heading out for supper with friends...

1 comment:

Mike Benson said...

Claudia,

Did you see this? It's a seminar about transitioning young adults with FASD. I hope this helps!

http://www.mofas.org/trainings.htm#youngadult

A six session series will address the needs of young adults with FASD in the areas of self-advocacy and recreation/socialization. A portion of each session will focus on learning about the FASD disability and how to build in safeguards. The series is for 18-22 year olds who do not qualify for Developmental Cognitive Disability (DCD) or Developmental Disability (DD) services.