Friday, June 23, 2006

The Day After

I always forget that if I really push hard one day, then I have a lot of work the next day. And today is errand day.

I have a long list of errands that I have to do this morning and a bulging inbox. And at 1:30 I’m heading to do a placement and afterwards going to Paula's with a bunch of kids to spend the night. Tomorrow we will drop Rand off at Camp Friendship where he will spend his summer making money doing something he is good at in a place where he is valued and feels comfortable. This is a direct result of him listening to me for the last five years. When he first went there as a 12 year old he came back having loved it. I told him if he would go there every year as a camper and then volunteer when he was old enough, that some day he might be able to work there for money. This summer our plan is coming to fruition.

After dropping of Rand we are going to spend some time at an Adoption Support Group roller skating party, and then head home late tomorrow night to get ready for Bart’s first Sunday.

And then our lives will officially have moved forward from limbo. We are hoping that having Bart back to work and us going to church will give the kids a chance to meet some people so they have more to do.

And I have an idea brewing about how to keep them busy that will have to wait until next week to start up and to tell you about. I have to stop blogging or all my stuff isn’t going to get done!


No comments: