Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Whew

Wow. Tired doesn’t even come close to describing how I feel.

This afternoon we thought we lost Gizmo. It was a very scary hour. I had always told Bart that I did not want to get a dog because they would require so much emotion -- wasted when they died or got lost. And boy was I right. Everyone freaked out... until one of the kids found the little dork lying on Rand’s bed way in the basement sound asleep. This was after scouring the neighborhood on foot, bike and by car.

Now before all you dog lovers freak out, just relax. I love the dog too. But he is adopted and definitely has ODD, RAD, and possibly even Conduct Disorder and today we didn’t need the drama.

This evening Ricardo had a baseball game. Practice started at 5:30 and the game got over at 8:20. Guess this town takes their little league pretty seriously.

Bart had decided that he wanted to eat as a family, so they waited. He grilled steak and chicken and baked potatoes. But we have NEVER in all of our years of parenting eaten that late and it threw the little kids way off. By the time we finished eating it was bedtime and to say they were reluctant to go is a real understatement. The older kids are in the family room watching a movie and the kids under 13 are supposed to be going to bed. Right.

My office furniture came and I think I’m really going to like it a lot. It’s of very high quality and very functional. I’m looking forward to unpacking boxes and getting settled. Something very refreshing about a clean start.

I’m looking forward to sleeping quite a bit tonight.

No comments: