Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The First Twenty Minutes of My Day

Even though I got mail yesterday and spent an hour on the phone with IRS concluding that I have to do amended taxes (which makes me very unhappy) and Salinda and John both decided to be mouthy and rude right before bed AND i had disturbing dreams, I always look forward to the first twenty minutes of my day.

This morning I got to be reminded by Audrey not to be too frustrated with caseworkers because there are many who are doing their best. Since Bart isn’t here and I haven’t talked to him last night or this morning, I read about his conference. I got to see a beautiful picture and read about the trip of our would-have been neighbors. And I got to be reminded that things are worse at Cindy's than they are here and be totally motivated by her resolve. Talk about being steadfast (I actually updated by “Scripture as I See It” Blog today).

So twenty minutes into my morning with a few blogs read, a few verses of Scripture, and an unusual breakfast, I’m ready to settle down and work ... just in time for the kids to start waking up and fighting. Oh well, I had my 20 minutes.

No comments: