Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to Him

My husband just left me on his 42nd birthday. Of course, he is only going to be gone for a week, but he left this morning with Tony and Kyle for a week in Arizona. It is going to be HOT down there. But my parents are thrilled.

I have written many tributes to him on this blog, so you all know he is the most amazing of husbands. Not only is he supportive, a great dad, and an incredible pastor, he cooks, does laundry, irons, and does at least half the cleaning. Since I tend to be a workaholic, it is a good combination for me as he is more than willing to do those things so that I can work many hours doing something I’m passionate about.

He is also patient, kind, and compassionate. He is so good with our kids when I just can’t take it any more. He is hyper-intelligent, witty, quick, and knowledgable about all kinds of things (like how to spell knowledgable, which isn’t like that).

My goal is to make sure we get a lot done while he is gone so that he won’t feel bad about leaving me when he returns. Good luck to me. He’ll read the blog. He’ll know.

Happy Birthday, best of the best!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy birthday, Bart! He shares the day with a great man -- and one to which he's quite similar -- my dad.