Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Feeling Optimistic at this Very Moment

We love our new bedroom and we slept great. I think I slept almost 10 hours. And nobody has tried to made me angry yet this morning and it's nearly 9:00 a.m. Of course, most of them are still asleep, but still, it's a near record.

I'm looking forward to a few things today. One of our good friends from Luverne is bringing over a van load of our electronics that she offered to bring. Ricardo has a baseball game -- our entrance into "society" in Mankato.

And, most importantly, at noon my new office furniture is going to be delivered. For the past 5 years I have spent 10-12 hours a day at a desk that I bought for $179.99 and assembled myself. Because of that, nothing ever worked right on it, so the parts that were supposed to lock didn't, the drawers that were supposed to come out wouldn't, etc. etc.

Bart encouraged me when moving to get stuff I really liked that would last a long time. So I got two desks (i'll sit in the middle). One will face the window/wall the other will face the door. The one facing the door will have an overhang so that kids can sit on the other side of it while I help them with homework. I also bought two chairs for that side of the desk that will match the chair I sit on. It will also have a storage credenza above the desk by the window, so that everything I have doesn't have to be spread out everywhere.

I'm pretty excited. I'm going to try not to spend too much time in there until I am officially back to work on Monday, but I love the idea of having sturdy furniture, locked drawers, filing cabinets in my desks, and a place for the computer that is off the desk.

Maybe by days end there will be photos.

No comments: