Saturday, June 10, 2006

Whew!

Being both parents is hard work, especially when it comes time for the cooking part of things. Everyone in our house LOVES their Dad’s homemade pizza. I decided to try to make homemade pizza and though the kids were kind, it did not measure up. I did make a Thai Chicken Pizza in addition to the pepperoni and cheese and it was the better of the three. More than likely it was only better because the bottle of spicy Thai Peanut Sauce that I bought was awesome. I should have just drank the bottle and saved myself the work of making the pizza.

But cooking AND cleaning up is not fun. When Bart cooks, which is about 93% of the time, I almost always clean up. But doing both is a lot of work.

I told the kids if they helped with dishes I would play cards with the before we watched a movie. Sadie is the only one who really helped -- John washed one pan. Rest of the kids disappeared, except Salinda who is busy hanging pictures for me.

I got my office all unpacked and am finding my new desks thrilling beyond words. Lots of storage and lots of space. I also have all of my cords organized, which is a huge relief. You should have seen the broodlike bunch of snakelike cords tripping me up in my old office.

I’m off to play cards, watch a movie, and fall into bed exhausted. I can’t wait to get back to work where I have an excuse not to do all this housework!

No comments: