Friday, June 30, 2006

Girlfriends

I’ve never been much of a girl. Most of my life I have spent in the company of guys because I usually prefer it. But since married women really can’t spend all their time with the guys, and since I have moved away from most of my guy friends, AND since I have found that only other adoptive moms “get it,” I’ve started to develop some relationships with other women.

I like Kari and we really enjoy their family. Today she has set friendless Salinda up with a “blind date” with a girl here age in her grade. The mom’s are going to Dunn Brothers for lunch, a yuppy coffee place where girls go to talk. It doesn’t sound like something I would normally do, but I’m actually looking forward to it.

I’ll have to let you know how it goes -- heading to a coffee shop with a couple women is like heading to a foreign country for me.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

'Bout time girlfriend