Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hostage Situation

For the last 6 nights John has been doing what he used to do years ago -- pushing all my buttons right before bedtime. It’s horribly annoying --he says lots of hateful things, refuses to do what he is told, and makes a big issue about it. Next morning he wants to act like it is all over and give me a big hug and tell me he loves me and pretend like nothing happened the night before. Last night I warned him before bed that his behavior was unacceptable and that he better apologize.

So this morning, no apology but he certainly has some requests.

Anyway, this morning the baffle came off of our new washer. I spent over an hour trying to find the part (and was even hoping to have a legitimate excuse for driving to the Cities (70 miles) to get one, but it wasn’t in stock. We ordered it. It won’t be in until Tuesday. So, no laundry until Tuesday. Pretty bad deal.

So, my dreams shattered by nobody in the Cities having the part, I finished dealing with Jimmy’s hour long fit -- sobbing, screaming, blubbering, but fortunately no hitting or damaging property -- and then headed out the door to do some shopping ALONE.

I did this only to discover that the bike race that was closing off the only street that lets us into our road had started earlier than they told is they would and we can’t drive off our block until around 3:00.

I returned discouraged and feeling like a hostage. I was home for a whole week without leaving listening to these kids bicker and now that Bart was home I really wanted to get away. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No comments: