Friday, June 30, 2006

Happiness

Funny that Cindy should blog about happiness today when Bart and I discussed it this morning. “Not something I’m interested in” was his statement. It’s shallow, meaningless, simple. I want more.

Now I don’t like to blog anything negative about my husband because he is about as good as they come, a real “keeper.” He ironed my shirt this morning. He’s making lunch while I go out. I can invite whoever I want to over here whenever I want to and he will fix and serve a meal. He is a great dad and an awesome listener. He is smart, articulate, and deep.

But he’s a pessimist, or as he would say, a realist, and he’s like a box of chocolates. Moody and hard to predict.

I’m one who thinks happiness is not over-rated and that continuing to be optimistic can make a big difference. Who cares if it’s shallow?

No comments: