Monday, June 19, 2006

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

I actually went to bed by a little after 10 last night. Because Kyle was in the basement, Rand and John had no problem heading down there when they were supposed to. Dominyk slept in my room and Tony had a room to himself, so they were at least fairly quiet.

But I woke up at 5:30. At 6:00 Tony came in to see what time it was. Because sometimes I’m an idiot, I told him it was 6 thinking he would think, “Oh, good, I can go back to sleep for a while.” See, I’m an idiot.

I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I got up around 6:30 and lo and behold he was at one TV, the other TV was on, he had been in several rooms he wasn’t supposed to be in. So I told him I was going to let him stay where he was if he promised not to move. Another 20 minutes and I still couldn’t sleep, so I got up to shower and found him at the other TV in the living room surrounded by food he wasn’t supposed to have -- a whole box of clementines, a pop and a bag of M&Ms that Bart was saving to make Monster Cookies. I sent him to his room until it was time to leave for therapy. He probably won’t stay there, but at least he’s there for now. Maybe he’ll go back to sleep.

Today we have our first session with our new therapist. Because of many bad experiences in the past with therapists we trusted, I’m not sure exactly how this is going to go. I’m going to have to be careful with what I say, something I’m not good at at all.

Some days I have trouble finding something to look forward to.

No comments: