Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ending the Day

We are ending the day fairly typically. Kari and her husband and 3 of the kids came for supper. All went pretty well (I thoroughly enjoyed trying to convince Anna that she should name her doll Baby Idiot (long story) and we enjoyed other such nonsense. The evening culminated in Dominyk getting in a fight with Ben and going on to loudly tell me all about how he was many not-so-nice words in front of his parents. I simply looked at Kari and said, “This is why we can’t have normal people over.”

Also in the middle of the evening, John decided to get the dog completely wet to the point that he came upstairs and had a very spastic, high special needs, ADHD fit all over the living room (the dog, not John).

It was a very odd evening, but a very typical one and Mike and Kari seemed very nonplussed by the events.

Now I’m arguing with everyone about how they need to go to bed, something that is very typical here as well. I am pretty consistent with bedtime, because when I am not, I pay.

I am nervous about tomorrow and how I may not be able to work, cook, and parent all at once, but I plan to give it my best shot.

I talked to my mother today and she said that they had such a wonderful time with Bart, Kyle and Tony. It sounds like Bart had a pretty good time as well.

No comments: