Monday, June 05, 2006

If You Predicted it Would Be Awful

you were right. Wow what a day. We had been working for months to pack, so the amount of packing we had to do was fairly minimal. But we had wanted to get a lot of cleaning done even though we had hired professionals to come do it after we left. We had varied levels of cooperation.

Rand and Jimmy were awesome. They worked steadily for days doing everything they were asked to do. Because of this, they got asked to do a lot.

John did very little. He spent the weekend with his friends and didn't end up coming home to do much today. He helped once and a while but mostly bossed everyone around.

The girls did nothing but their own room, packing everything, and throwing nothing away even though their new room is way too small. Sadie came around after a while, but Salinda refused to work, made snippy comments, and was basically just making everyone miserable that went near her all day long. Typical 13 year old girl, but still annoying.

Tony and Dominyk did what they do best -- annoyed everyone, swore up a storm, antagonized people, got in the way a lot, helped very little, and ignored nearly everything we said.

Kyle, to his credit, was fairly mature and helpful. Ricardo also worked whenever asked.

But we're HERE! We did it. Got out of town by 3:30. I was surprised we did it that way.

As we pulled up, I thought to myself "I CHANGED MY MIND . . . I don't want to move!" but I realized it isn't my choice, first of all, and that if it was, it's a little late. Sometimes though, it would be nice to put things in reverse.

I am still blown away by yesterday and the emotional goodbye time we had at the church. As always happens, I wish I would have spent more time with the people we have just left now that it's too late. Hopefully we will see them all soon anyway. In fact, one of our favorite people will be here Wednesday already, and one of the families we've known best is coming to spend the fourth with us.

By tomorrow though I'll be looking forward to the exciting things God has in store for us during the years to come.

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

I'm sure you have a lot of extra time on your hands now so here's a thought.....you should change the color or redesign your website. That way I'll really feel like you moved. KNow what I mean? ;)