Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's the Little Things

I have desk drawers that lock. This may seem like a simple thing to most, but to me it is going to up the quality of my life significantly.

We have had the hardest time for a long time keeping things safe. We have many children who steal everything and anything. We’ve had things like jewelry and class rings stolen. Our cash card and $140 before we figured it out. Cash every time it is not in our direct possession. I could go on and on -- bikes, wallets, checkbooks, credit card numbers, etc.

But the thing that makes me craziest on a daily basis is the theft of scissors, staplers and pens. Starting today, I will be able to place these items in the drawer of my pricey new desk and LOCK it. This is beyond exciting.

Right now the telephone guy is putting in a telephone in my office. John as an interview at 10:30 at Taco Johns. I need to buy a cable splitter at Radio Shack and use a certificate at Kohl’s.

John is talking about changing his clothing style ... I’m not sure if it is truly an attempt to get away from the “Gangster” look, or just a ploy to get me to spend more money... we’ve felt like we’ve entered a spending black hole lately.

No comments: