Wednesday, November 29, 2006

And it Was Evening, and it was Morning, the Third Day


Today is the third of four full days without Bart. Tonight is the last night I’ll have to do it alone. The thing is, it really hasn’t been bad at all. It’s just an underlying sense of extra anxiety that is always there when he is gone.

Mike was home by 10 last night and was very rude to me, but it got over quickly. Salinda was quiet, but not rude. When those two are calm or gone, the rest of the kids seem to do well. Tony has been unusually good the last two days -- he has started a new medication, so I’m hoping that is the reason and that it continues. Jimmy has had long periods of being stuck on stupid the past couple days, but for some reason his fits make me chuckle instead of angry. He chooses the oddest things to say to me. Last night, for example, I decided to pursue the topic of me being queer when he called me that. I don’t even know that he understands what it means. If I can get myself into a different frame of mind with him it usually works.

Today I am going to travel back near our old home town to go over paperwork with one of my families, so I won’t be blogging until tonight. I have to sandwich it in between when the kids leave for school and when they come home, so it will be a quick trip as it is two hours each way.

Tonight we have a few church activities, while some are cancelled because of Bart’s absense. It will be a long day. I’m already a bit tired thinking about it. STOP WHINING!

No comments: