Monday, November 27, 2006

Spinning My Wheels and No Answers to the Why Questions


Sometimes when I attempt to match kids I feel like I am just spinning my wheels.

I spent my entire morning going through emails and I still have over 60 to go. And some of them are “why” questions.

Why can’t I get social workers to return my calls?
Why is it taking so long for them to schedule a staffing?
Why can’t I get the case record sent to me?
Why are the kids still waiting when they rejected me?
Why won’t they match my family?
Why can’t you DO SOMETHING to help me????

And today is a day when I don’t feel like I have any answers to those questions, just questions of my own. I can talk about high caseloads and make excuses for people in the system. I can try to explain how the system works, but the more I work in it the less I feel that I know. I can try to make sense of it all, but some days I’m just not sure myself.

But I’m trying to get some answers.... really I am....

No comments: