Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back At It Again


Last night Salinda and I had a LONG talk. I thought we were making so much progress. She was apparently honest, remorseful, appropriate. Until the end of the conversation when the person who is grounded for 6 weeks (although I told her that I would give her options on how to lesson that time, after seeing her do what she was supposed to with a decent attitude for a few days) asked if she could have a friend spend the night. When I told her no she had a FIT! Treated me like crap for the rest of the night. But by 7:40 this morning she’s on the phone asking me for a favor from school. I pointed out that her behavior last night was not appropriate (our bathroom door doesn’t lock right, and her new thing to do when she is mad at me is to push the door wide open when I’m on the toilet. Other than making me jump because she smacks the door hard, I guess I don’t care a whole lot about it -- I figure the people who see me are the ones who would be traumatized, not me). I suggested that she might want to be a little nicer and that I would THINK about getting her what she wanted. Of course, I’ll do it, but I think she needs to make connections in regards to how her nastiness effects people.

This morning I have three conferences. Then I will be doing lots of cleaning because Sadie is having a birthday party tonight. This afternoon she and I will shop for what she feels she needs to make it successful. Tomorrow morning Bart will drive up and get Kyle and I will take Dom to the doctor...

busy days ahead.

No comments: