Sunday, November 12, 2006

Much Different Houston Arrival Experience

I drove straight to the hotel. Arrived in Houston a little after 10, to the hotel room, complete with a rental car and all checked in by 11:15.

One of the people I am representing, who happened to be the one booking the room, has an elite membership to this hotel. You should see my suite. I feel almost guilty staying here.

I'm going to make sure things are ready to go for tomorrow, and then I'm headed to bed. Last I heard all was well at home with my children, all is well with our son at college (he emails us every Sunday afternoon with a weekly report), and all is well with my husband in Nashville.

And I can sleep until I wake up, almost guaranteed that the phone will not ring in the middle of the night with some loser, who has no mother like I had to teach him/her that it is not OK to make calls after 9:30, saying "Is Mike there?" or "Is Salinda there?" (really, i could go on about this. Why isn't anyone parenting these days? Do parents not teach their kids not to use the phone late at night? Just in the past week alone it has rung at 10:30, 11:30, 12:15, and even 1:45.

of course, how do I know they aren't just calling my kids right back? Or that they are sneaking around their parents to use their phones without permission...

or maybe everyone just assumes all numbers are kids cells.

At any rate, I'm going to have a nice time knowing nobody will call here for anyone tonight.

No comments: