Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Packing Up to Move On

Last night was the last night in this hotel. Today I am meeting a different coworker and heading to train someone. Then tonight I will have dinner with a single Dad and his son that I matched last year. I'm looking forward to that. Then tomorrow, I'm heading back home.

I used to have a really hard time when I travelled because I would worry about things at home to the point that I didn't enjoy myself. Now I work really hard to make myself focus on what I'm doing, enjoy myself, and have fun with the people with me. I truly love presenting to social workers and I enjoyed travelling with everyone that was with me.

I also enjoy eating out, though I can't eat like I used to, and having someone else pay for it, and going to bed knowing that nobody will wake me up.

Bart is safe back at home and apparently everything went fairly well. I don't get home until tomorrow night so I'm going to continue to enjoy my time away and be glad to be with the kids once again when the time comes.

When I was a teenager, I had a Ziggy poster (remember him) that said, "You have to enjoy here while you're here, because there is no here there."

that's the way I strive to live.

No comments: