Thursday, November 09, 2006

And Things Don't Get Better, in fact, They may be, no, they are, worse


I can’t believe that I started to write this post and title it, “And Things Don’t Get Better, But at Least THey Aren’t Worse. Then I changed it to ”THey may be worse“ and now, the title I have arrived at.

I had to change MIke came home. I confronted him about lying to me about being with the 13 year old kid last night. He “snuck out” the back door and took off. I don’t know why he continues to feel the need to sneak out when we say yes whenever he asks.

I haven’t heard back from the psychiatrist. The school says Dominyk is the worst he’s ever been. I am going to try to call the psychiatrist, but I can’t because Jimmy is raging and nobody could hear me with him in the background. Jimmy came home from school and last night had agreed to work for me in exchange for me changing a consequence from last week. It was his idea.

But tonight I tried to make him follow through. He’s been raging now for 25 minutes -- I finally guided him gently into his room (seriously, not sarcastically) and now he is throwing things against the wall in there. The longer it lasts, the more extra time he will have to work. If it weren’t for the other stressors in my life, this one would be easier to ignore.

Salinda came home after school and had a plan. I didn’t approve of her plan the way she wanted me to, so she called me a name and went upstairs to take out her anger on her younger siblings. She can be SO mean when she is upset.

I’m almost done with one video. I worked on it all day. I have one more to do and then a LOT of other things. I didn’t need a full solid hour of rebellion, meltdowns and chaos today -- this is supposed to be my easiest time of the evening because 3 of the 4 youngest kids are taken care of. But it hasn’t worked out that way today.

I ALMOST finished one of the projects I have to get done before I leave. I still have several more to go.


No comments: