Friday, November 17, 2006

Back to Reality


Last night was relatively uneventful. Though Salinda was as crabby as I had dreaded she’d be, everyone else was pretty calm. I didn’t even come down to my office at all when I got home... I just stayed in the living room and visited with the kids from 7:30 until bedtime. Mike even asked me to scratch his back, which was a shock.

This morning though, it has all come crashing back in. I came to my office before the kids got up to find almost 400 emails. Apparently my preferences are set wrong, and the email all came to this box and nowhere else. So I have all that to do. Two of my emails were disturbing -- one from the PCA who stayed there letting us know Mike was in late both nights that Bart and I were gone. One was from John’s social worker. He wants his stuff. Tony slept on the couch, which he is not allowed to do, and then peed all over it. Dominyk, though he has been pretty cooperative all week long, is refusing to get out of bed.

So reality smacks me right in the face and I have so much work to catch up on. I was wondering why there were such a small numbmer of emails, but now I know ... and my diligent attempts to keep caught up that I was so proud of really were not worth the effort because all the email didn’t come in.

Plus I have LOTS of family issues to deal with as well from a week of being gone (psychiatrist needs to check on Dominyk’s meds, need to find out the result of John’s hearing that was scheduled during a funeral Bart was doing while I was gone, need to talk to the teacher about Tony getting punched, need to plan a couple things for Sadie’s birthday which happened while I was gone).. and the list goes and and on to the point that I feel buried. But I will plug at it one thing at a time until ... until .... well, I guess until I die, go senile, or end up drooling and in depends in a nursing home.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

It never fails. Mom leaves home and when she returns the kids let her have it. Hope your day isn't too bad! Take it one minute at a time. One day at a time is too overwhelming!!