Friday, November 10, 2006

Odd Yet Peaceful Night

It's 8:00 p.m. on a Friday night and everyone is home. Bart just lit a fire. I'm sitting in the living room with my laptop.

I have finished everything I need for my trip. It's all on my hard drive on my awesome G-5, and I am going to use our wireless network in our home to set up my laptop for the trip.

Dominyk is snugggled next to me saying, "Yup that fire's burning like there is no tomorrow." Tony is laying at the other end of the couch.

Jimmy is sitting in the easy chair across from me, Bart is next to me in the other chair reading his email on his laptop. The dog is at his feet. Ricardo and Sadie are playing cards at the dining room table. Rand is on the other couch. Bart is thinking about reading outloud to us.

And here is the odd part. Both Mike and Salinda are here and have been asleep since 6:30 p.m. I'm sure Mike is gearing up for a huge night on the town, but Salinda I think is just emotionally exhausted. She has to be home by 11, so I doubt she'll be going anywhere.

So it's pretty peaceful here. Bart is heading to Nashville tomorrow and we have a lot to do to get ready for both of us to be gone, but for now, all is peaceful and all is well.

Hold on to the moment, folks, because it won't last long.

1 comment:

Kari said...

As I read your description of who was sitting where, I pictured me and my Mike (not yours) snuggled up on the couch with your family. We are usually there at least once on the weekends and I must be having withdrawl!

Happy to hear that you finished everything and that you had a peaceful evening. You certainly earned it! ~Kari