Sunday, November 19, 2006

But of Course That Wasn't Really the End

Sadie had to go into her room in order to go too sleep. And she shares it her sister who cannot treat her decently for the life of her lately. Of course, the only person she treats decently is Mike, who uses her, misuses her, talks bad about her, blames her and her friends whenever he gets in trouble, and takes advantage of her. It's pretty difficult to understand.

So, Sadie got mistreated at the end of her very nice day and Salinda is marching around talking about how bad it smells everywhere in the house. I had to bite my tongue not to suggest that it might be her attitude that is stinking up the house. She is still refusing to discuss her grounding with me and I let her know it wouldn't start until after we talked. But she's being pretty stubborn and her attitude is still quite nasty. At least she finally got bored with her bedroom where she was for 12 hours yesterday and 4 this afternoon and now is out talking to a couple of her brothers who she has deemed worthy of her conversation.

Mike has returned after a 30 hour unexcused and unexplained absense. It's just a matter of time before he will end up doing something that will stop him. We thought Grand Theft Auto was, but the courts are so backed up it will probably be 4-6 weeks before the initial hearing.

I'm ready for everyone to head to school tomorrow. When I vowed not to work nights or weekends I didn't realize it would be quite this hard. I think I was using work as a chance to focus on something else which is why it was more of a relief than anything else. Now I'm spending more time with the kids but still find myself wanting to be with those who are nicer to me.

Poor Dominyk was still feeling pretty sick tonight, so he may stay home tomorrow. He hasn't eaten anything all day. Sadie started to feel better when she woke up and her recovery was quick, so maybe he'll feel better too.

The schedule this week includes 4 days off for the elementary kids, and 3 days off for the older kids. Fortunately for me, around the holidays hardly anyone is working in the field I am in, so it's easier for me not to work as much.

No comments: