Thursday, November 09, 2006

Which is More Powerful: Tylenol TM or the Antics of Mike


Well, last night, Mike won out.

He disappeared about 7:15. At 10:30 a frantic mom called. She is the mother of the kid who Mike took with him when he stole the car. Mike had called him yesterday, even though the mom and told him that her son was grounded and couldn’t take calls several times. A few minutes after he overhear his mom talking to Mike, he disappeared out his window and was still missing. She was very worried. He’s only 13.

I tried to explain to her a little about FAS, about our family, about how we are trying to keep him home to no avail. I encouraged her to call us any time.

At 1:27 the deputy called. Wanted to know if Mike was home. I told him I didn’t think he was. Told him we were having a hard time getting him to stay home. He asked me to search the house for MIke and to make sure he wasn’t here. I did so, but he wasn’t here.

This morning at 6 he was in the shower. I asked him what time he came home. He said 2. I don’t believe him. I think he stayed out all night and stopped at home for a shower because he has disappeared already this morning.

The answer: Mike’s antics are more powerful. I hardly slept, regardless of the “drugs” and this morning I feel like I have a hangover -- although I don’t know for sure what one feels like, I’ve heard.

Maybe Tylenol doesn’t kick in UNTIL you fall asleep and since I didn’t until 3 a.m., now it’s telling my body to sleep for the next 5 hours... but I’m trying to do something else.

No comments: