Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Helpful Hint: Don't Put Toothpicks in your Back Pocket


This morning I woke up to a nightmare. Not a terrifying one, but certainly an annoying one. It’s a school holiday. Sadie’s birthday party sleepover girls were up late and they were in the family room directly below our bedroom. They stayed up late.

By 6:30 this morning, Dominyk and Tony were literally bouncing off the walls, and one of their walls is just on the other side of my HEAD. I got up to redirect them and then (I know, silly me) thought I’d try to go back to sleep. Between 6:40 and 6:50, Ricardo and Jimmy had both knocked on our door looking for Bart, who was already in the shower.

Now, if this had been a school day, I would be dragging all four of them out of bed after seven with them grumbling and complaining that they needed to sleep longer.

Yesterday Dominyk came to me and said, “Mom, can you help me? I have a bunch of toothpicks in my back pocket and I can’t get them out.” So, insisting on a picture first, which he knew I would blog, I helped him dig the toothpicks out of the pocket that had had holes punctured in it several times as he tried to untangle them.

At supper, I was telling Bart and Bart asked, “Did they poke you in the butt?”

Dominyk responded, “Dad. Don’t you think that is a little inappropriate for the dinner table?”

No comments: