Saturday, November 11, 2006

If the First Half Hour is Any Indication


I have a marathon day. Bart is already gone and I have to get ready for a speaking trip, leaving tomorrow immediately after church. We have the kids covered until Bart gets home Tuesday night, but I am not even close to being ready.

And since we are awaiting a change in routine, the youngest kids are bonkers and so is Jimmy. So when I need cooperation and help, I’m going to get nothing like that.

I may end up dealing with behaviors all day long and have to wait until after they are all asleep to get anything done.

Sometimes I envy those who get to focus only on parenting... but then, if I did, I would miss all of the satisfaction that comes from helping people find kids and getting kids into homes.

But on days like today, it’s a little much.

No comments: