Sunday, November 26, 2006

Marathons


When Bart leaves town it’s like the beginning of a Marathon. This time he will be gone until Thursday night. That leaves me with having to do everything I always do PLUS cooking and half the cleaning, which he always does. In addition, there are a couple of kids who think that if their dad isn’t home they can treat me however they wish and nothing is going to happen. They respond much better to him than they do to me.

And the kids decided we were going to put up the Christmas tree today, which is always just a bicker fest. The older kids have no patience for the younger ones and the younger ones always feel like they are getting yelled at. I don’t enjoy it at all. The perfectionist never approves of anyone or what they do and we all get tired of being grouched at just for living.

Tony and Dominyk are all wound up tonight for some reason, and I had promised Sadie we could watch 7th Heaven, but they will probably make it impossible for us to do so.

I always approach Bart’s absence with all of the patience I can muster, but it’s already gone and he hasn’t been gone for 2 hours yet. Wish me luck.

No comments: